Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle

I couldn't help the reference. But seriously, our lawn is a jungle. I'm not sure if the previous owners just knew we liked a challenge, but the lawn is ridiculously unkept. Mike spent a solid couple hours just raking up all the dead grass to help it breathe. There are now patches of green popping up because of the reduced heat and increased rain, so we're trying to cultivate.

Besides the lawn, the first thing I (Mike) knew we had to tackle was a giant Cousin It bush in the front yard. Look at how massive that is!!




This bush also had thorns on it. Whoever thought a thorny bush next to a front door did NOT think twice. As you can see below, we had to dodge (duck, dive!) the outrageous size during the move.


So we bought some hedge clippers (just the manual kind since we're on a budget and Mike likes a good work out) and went to town. Obviously, by "we" I mean Mike. He did a wonderful job!!



I can now see out the front door. The best part is definitely the ability to walk out the front door without being assaulted by the thorns.


SUCCESS. Next, I think we'll pull out those bushes on the right side of the house. Wouldn't flowers look nice there?! I also want to get a hanging flower plant or some potted plant for the step right before the front door. So many projects, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment