Monday, August 20, 2012

I told you...

I love spray paint. I think it may be a little obsessive how many things I think "I could spray paint that!" about. I did a post before about random projects I did around the house with spray paint. So here's another! Outside we have these awful exterior lights by the front door and garage.


Pretty awful, huh? I'm not sure what's worse - that it's brass, or that it's RUSTING brass. Oh, and I forgot to take an up close picture of the light by the door (if you're wondering why there are "missing numbers" in the picture on the right). Eventually, I'll accurately document for this blog. Anyways, I used 2 types of spray paint because I had random spray paint (because of my spray paint obsession) left over.


Ideally, I would have had an entire can of the Sem-Gloss Rust-Oleum paint. That gives it a better shine, instead of the other paint (on the left) that was more of a flat finish. But because I was running out of the semi-gloss spray paint, I did my first coat to coverage with the one on the left and the second (and final coat) with the one on the right



 

I just put down tarp outside because we had it laying around from all our paint jobs. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't taken it all apart. I could have just taken off the top and taken out the glass. Putting it together was VERY difficult. It was NOT like a fun puzzle. But even though it was a more difficult project than I realized it, it was worth it!


Oh yeah, I also chose not to attach that tail part because I thought it was a little too much for me. It'll do for the time being. Now onto the other 2 fixtures by the garage ....Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment