Friday, July 13, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!

Today is the day - we're starting our house projects! The last 2 weeks the sellers have rented the house from us to have more moving time for themselves. It worked out quite perfectly because it gives Mike and I enough time to do our house projects and adds some extra padding to my lighter than usual purse (considering we're still paying for our apartment too).

So at 5:00PM today we are officially starting the move into our new home. Our plan is to do some major painting and other cosmetic work to the house, including painting all the cabinets white and laying down new laminate hardwood floors. So today's schedule is to sand the upstairs trim along with the cabinets. After this, we plan to degloss all the surfaces and prime them.

Below is the detailed schedule Mike layed out for us by day and floor (thank goodness he's a Project Manager - I love organization).


I'll write more tomorrow about how toady goes (eek!). By demand, I'll post before pictures of the house too (now that the seller's stuff is all gone). As for now, say a prayer for us - it'll be an interesting and exciting couple of days (I'm just hoping for not too much paint in my hair)!

No comments:

Post a Comment