Thursday, July 5, 2012

Couch Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Today, I thought I'd recap the couch experience. I know it was just a TREAT for Mike. We got there early afternoon and I thought it would be an easy trip to buy the couch, after we had thought about it for a couple days. However, after discussing the couch with the ladies in my office the afternoon earlier, I was having second thoughts.

The original couch we were going to get was beige. According to one of the ladies in my office, her beige couch has now been destroyed by her 1-year-old and 2 dogs. Clearly, Mike and I would both eventually like a dog and a child. I'd also still like to like our couch after those 2 things come along. So we sat down on the couch (see below) and pondered.


Because of my original idea, the color was perfect. And I loved the detailing on the arms, which also traveled along the bottom edge of the couch as well. It was traditional with detail. LOVE.


However, the color still made me nervous. So out of the corner of my eye what did I spy?! A great charcoal gray couch! It was made out of more durable fabric and was quite comfortable. The color is also one of my FAVORITE for furniture and other home textiles.

For the next hour we traveled within about a 20-foot radius testing these two couches. At one point I found a great vantage point to see both couches at once. So there I was - standing in an area between the dividing wall - visualizing (tilting my head back and forth, even closing my eyes). I think Mike pretended not to know me at this point. He even tried to corner me and force a quick decision. I believe his exact words were "Quick, Kristin!! Pick a couch!! Which couch?! Which couch?!" as if it were a life or death choice. To his defense, I was giving it that kind of thought.

So after all that time. We (I) decided ..........GRAY COUCH! Best part about it was this couch was even less expensive than the other one (which my dad said should have been the best decision maker), especially because of the 4th of July sale! (Note: July and January are some of the best times to buy furniture because most retailers are trying to get rid of the inventory that's currently on the floor to make room for the new stuff.)

This couch is inviting, durable and more modern/updated. Mike and I both agreed we shouldn't buy furniture that can't withstand being loved and lived in.



Living Room Couch. CHECK.
(Don't mind the ruffled couch cushions in the picture - I think Mike jumped for joy after I made the final decision)

No comments:

Post a Comment