Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our First Trip to Ikea!

I know - most of you probably let out a small gasp. We've never been to Ikea! As much as Mike is a DIY, put-it-together kind of man and as much as I like to shop, it's practically a sin. So we planned a trip to get a new couch!

But before I go into the details of that I'd first like to share some snapshots of the AWESOME things Ikea has to offer (by things I realize, I mean light fixtures because that's the only thing I apparently wanted to take pictures of)





Okay, now that I've drooled over all that beautiful-ness, let's get on to the couch! Here's a picture progression of the room/couch






Can you tell we worked WAY into the night? I realize I'm not in any of these pictures - and it's not because I wasn't helping. Rather it was because I chose to paint the legs of the couch.... SEE:




I did primer (Zinser's again) and 3 coats of the same paint we used for the bathroom cabinets. I also taped off the bottom just in case because I didn't want any excess paint to stick to the carpet and/or rug.

Here's another view of the couch and the fun leaf-print pillow I got from Ikea for only $12.99 (consider my mind blown)! And yes, I'm fully aware how bare my walls are - yuck!



Now onto my next project - a new rug AND coffee/side table .....and yes, wall decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment