Thursday, November 8, 2012

More Decorating - My Favorite!

Another project we can check off our list is finding wall decor for above the couch in the living room. I love decorating - like the painting was great, the new floors are beautiful - but I just love the small details! Below shows the progression of this room:


 



 
So this is how the room has been - that back wall just waiting for some decor. It's especially bland when you look in from the street (and since we have no blinds yet, you can do so quite easily). All along I've wanted big frames with extreme matting - like gallery frames.

I've been looking around everywhere trying to find some without breaking the bank. So while wandering around Target - yes, I'm fully aware I'm obessed - I found them! at only $22 a piece! Now my only problem was figuring out what to frame. I didn't want to do more wedding pictures - soon our house will be wallpapered in them if I'm not careful.

So then because I'm such a lyrics person (they make the song!) I printed out lyrics with lessons.

I chose 3 different lyrics:
  1. "You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you might just find you get what you need" -The Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want
  2. "Be a best friend, tell the truth, overuse I love. Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense. Never let your prayin' knees get lazy, and love like crazy." -Lee Brice, Love Like Crazy
  3. "Here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright." -The Beatles.
And here they are (And I say, it's alright!!)

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment