Friday, November 23, 2012

And then there was light!

I've been wanting a pendant light over the kitchen sink for some time now. It's a very bare area (patiently awaiting the arrival of the bamboo shade I have my heart set on), which I don't have a good picture of. What you can't see, is that above the window there is just bare wall until the ceiling. No shade, no decor. Nothing.


So when Mike was able to get his hands on a pendant light that I can definately live with for awhile - we set to it (two months later).

I would have a step-by-step for you but Mike started before I got home. What I've concluded he did was by a kit at Home Depot to convert our recessed light. Then he followed the directions of installing it, which is when I got home. Here's what it looked like:


After this step, Mike shortened the wires of the pendant light to fit the length we wanted.


Then he connected the wires from the light to the wires hanging from the ceiling. He capped each connection off with a cap. (Sorry for the blurry picture - he wouldn't stop working!)


Then use the screws to secure it in place


And wah-lah! A brand new light fixture for our kitchen! Isn't it pretty! (And yes, we were doing this in the dark...)

No comments:

Post a Comment