Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fireplace Facelift

I'M BACK! (Insert a happy dance for a new computer!)

Anyways, a couple weekends ago it was rainy and gloomy so I took advantage of having to be in doors. I've been debating on what to do to our fireplace - dark stain or painted white? How's a girl to choose?? Well if you know me then you know I love Christmas. LOVE CHRISTMAS. Like decorate on Halloween love. So clearly I chose by how my Christmas decor would look ...so white it is!

I used the same Benjamin Moore Cloud Cover white paint (their Regal line) as I did on my cabinets and trim. Along with the same method of sanding lightly and wiping the area with deglosser. For the fireplace I ended up doing one coat of primer and 3 coats of paint (instead of my cabinet's 2). Here's my before (during) and after.

Before:

After one coat:


After:




Also note I spray painted a fresh coat of black spray paint that is meant for high heat areas. I also used my metallic spray paint (I just love it!) on the metal trim. See the picture of my tape job attempt:


And then below you can see the spray paint that snuck under the plastic and left marks! SNEAKY!


But don't worry - just a little more black (high heat) spray paint cleared that up! Live and you learn! I'll update this post later with a decorated mantle - I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment