Friday, June 29, 2012

So it begins

All I have to say is WAH-HOO!! Mike and I are beyond excited! I left work this afternoon and headed straight to our mortgage broker's office. Of course I got lost (more on my inability to navigate myself anywhere later) - but only having to turn around once is completely normal so do I even consider that lost?

Anyways, I got there BEFORE Mike. This is also a big deal considering his on time is 5 minutes early, and mine is 5 minutes late (on a good day). My early arrival though allowed me the opportunity to see the sellers and their realtor (I love to people watch). The sellers were what I expected, and I've assessed that it was their realtor that was less than friendly. How do I know this? Well, we both got lost finding the buidling and entered it at the same time. To which she greeted me, "I can't find anything in this $@!# building!" Lovely.

Once Mike arrived we were put into a room next to the sellers to fill out all our paper work. Of course I took the time to make it a photoshoot.



Our closing attorney (who was so nice!) said people took pictures all the time. So I'm not crazy - he even said people ask him to point like he's saying something important. Clearly I had him demonstrate (see above). The whole expereience was wonderful. It's crazy to think we're home owners. WE ARE HOME OWNERS. Obviously, handing over the check was a tad difficult. But we actually received a small check back because the originally quoted number came in lower. Small victory!  Oh, and here's one more picture with the closing attorney. Had to!


After all the papers had been signed and we had left the office, our realtor gave us a wonderful surprise. She made a huge gift basket full of yummy treats (cookies, pretzels, wine, etc). She said it's an Italian tradition to gift food to new homeowners to symbolize that their pantry will always be full. SHE IS SO SWEET! Of course, I teared-up to which Mike's laughs at me. And she found the most perfect card. It said "A house is made with walls and beams. A home is made with love and dreams." These are definitely words to remember as we begin this journey - that I'm sure will be full of paint splatters and project gone awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment