Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Shopping Starts!

Today Mike and I ventured out to see if we could find a couch for the living room. Below is a picture of my inspiration for this room. I love the serene feeling (and if only we had vaulted ceilings to allow for those gorgeous beams)! The nuetrals with the pop of rich blue - LOVE.

Credit to www.houseofturqouise.com

As of right now we have ZERO furniture for this room. Big job I know - but go big or go home right? You'll probably read this phrase a lot here ...especially once you all figure out my rapid fire game plan of getting things done in the house!

First, we went to World Market (one of my all time favorite stores that I can never leave empty-handed). Unfortunately, Mike is not nearly as enamored with the store as I am. We walked around - I fell in love with a couple pillows, a vintage coffee table, and window curtains. The hubs was apathetic at best. He's more of a traditional man and doesn't understand why you would want to buy a weathered piece of furniture at a full-price store.

So our search continued at Steinhafels. We've walked this store numerous times, mainly dreaming about what we could maybe afford. Today was a nice change of pace! Except for Mike threw me off by wandering around. This store is a circle. I like paths. Clearly I won out by refusing to wander after him. Another thing Mike and I probably should have discussed is what couch we were looking for. I assumed the couch for the living room; Mike, however, thought we were looking for a much larger couch for the family room (think large L-shape with a chaise). Don't worry though - we got on the same page after about a solid 20 minutes of wandering around!

 The options we found are shown below. I love the writing on those pullows and that chair! But I love the pop of color of the blue/brown chair - I'm just not in love with the pattern.


So none of these options made my heart race - and that's what a good chair (or any decor for that matter) should do. Alas, our search was unsuccessful but that just means more shopping in the future! (Mike's excited)

No comments:

Post a Comment