Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Before and After: 2012

Today I was thinking about what 2013 might bring, and then I started looking back at all that's happened. I've been so lucky the past couple years.

2010: Engaged! 2011: Married! 2012: Home owners!
 
 
We also FINALLY went on a honeymoon (a year later)!

Overall, it feels like all of 2012 was taken over by the house (no complaints here). In early Spring, we started our house hunting! It was quite an experience and we really learned the value of money while touring the houses. (Unfortunately, I have no pictures but I'm not sure most of them were picture worthy. Like this one house that had gold eagle light fixtures. With talons. TALONS, people!). But really the amazing part of the 2012 was the last half. Together, Mike and I were able to do this to our house (prepare yourself for a lot of before and afters!)

 
Before:
After:
 
Before:
After:


Before:
After:
 
Before:
After:
 
Before:
After:
 
Before:
After:
 
Before:
After (not so great):

 
Before:
After:
 
And here are the two that I have no "Before" for
...so I guess they are the "Before" for 2013 now
 
Other guestroom:
 
Master bedroom:
 
Thanks to everybody that has shared in our journey thus far! I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!



4 comments:

  1. After seeing the ‘before and after’ photos, I have to say that you did well with the restoration and redecorating of your new home. You guys are smart and know how to prioritize well. I think 2013 will have so many opportunities lined-up for the both of you.

    Genny Stutesman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Genny! It's been quite a journey so it's amazing to look back and see what we've accomplished! Makes my sore muscles from painting and holding light fixtures still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past three years had been great for you guys! =D Your husband did a great job renovating your new home. By the way, how many houses did you have to see before you made a decision on buying this house? Can you write a blog that features the open houses you’ve been to? It would be nice to read that!

    Calvin Mordarski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Calvin - I would guess we walked through over 20 houses before buying this one. A lot of them were either too small or too much work to update (even for us!). I'll try to write a post about the process so stay tuned! Thanks for reading about our journey!

      Delete