Thursday, August 16, 2012

Doors Doors Doors

I think I've mentioned this before, but if I haven't ...Mike and I have been living without doors. For a solid couple weeks now. We took them down when we moved in so we could properly paint the door frames white (*sigh* I love my hand-painted white trim). And since we had hollow doors that were pretty cheap looking, we decided to spend the money and upgrade to get half solid-core doors (for the bathrooms and bedrooms - less noise FYI) and half hollow doors. So we finally got them last week but I've been dragging my heels with the more painting project. NOTHING is worse than painting something that is already white, white again. No sense of accomplishment is what I think.

By aren't they pretty?! And, yes, I'm aware the door is upside down in the picture but I can't lift them and Mike doesn't stop his handy work for my photo shoots.


Before we could start painting, Mike had to cut the grooves (yup, that's my technical term) for the hinges. So he bought a template and measured where the old door hinges were placed to model the new doors after them (you can see the old door underneath the new one on the table so he could get better alignment).




 After Mike finished this process on all the doors, it was time for painting. We are using the same paint on the doors that we did the cabinets and trim. It's Benjamin Moore's Cloud Cover White in their Regal line of paint. We're also using the same foam rollers because it covers so evenly.


In addition to this project, I'm working on spray painting (I LOVE SPRAY PAINT, especially when it's metallic) all the hardware until we're able to upgrade.



So many doors! But we're ticking off our homeowner projects one by one! WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment