Friday, August 24, 2012

Bathroom Upgade

So I seem to wander through Target a lot. I just can't help it - all the colors, different fabrics, and I always walk out completely in love and feeling like I got a deal. It's pretty much my second marriage. Anyways, Mike has been begging for a new shower head for our master bathroom. BECAUSE early in the morning when he's showering (while I'm sleeping) the shower makes an awful screeching noise. Apparently it means we should try getting a new shower head (I basically believe all of Mike's knowledge).

While wandering Target this week, I found a shower head. Not just any shower head - a WATERFALL shower head. Mike's dream apparently. So I bought it like the great wife I am. Except for too bad, so sad - the shower head doesn't work with our shower caddy that hangs over the shower neck. So we're upgrading the bathroom downstairs a little earlier than planned (and much to Mike's chagrin).

 

Here is the Before and After. Upgrade, right? (And yes, eventually through this blog I'll learn to take pictures from the same angle - alas, I tried) It was a pretty simple process - I just assume all plumbing projects are difficult. Not this one! Simple 1-2-3!

#1: Unscrew the old shower head.


#2: Make sure nothing is left behind in the shower neck!
(We had some sort of filter?)


#3: Screw on new shower head!
(Mike had to use a pliers to tighten it appropriately. No leaks allowed!)


And WAH-LA! A brand-spanking new shower head. It's practically like a natural waterfall.


4 comments:

  1. Your DIY Bathroom upgrade is indeed successful! Congratulations for the new shower! You are lucky your water supply is good, and I bet the pipes were in good condition because the water flows freely like a waterfall. It’s nice to have a bath with an abundant supply of water on the shower!

    ~
    Kurt Verdejo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kurt! We were very excited to update this shower because the old shower head was less than shiney and new. I never thought about the pipes ...that means Mike was the brawn AND the brain for this project! Haha

      Delete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your new shower head! ^-^ Reminds me of the shower head from the hotel room my family and I stayed in. It’s relaxing, and has a massaging effect as well. It would be nicer if it has hot and cold shower knobs. =)

    ^.^ Althea Tumlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hotel shower head sounds wonderful! I'm not sure ours is as fancy but I totally agree that hot and color shower knobs would be nice. Hopefully that's a next step!

      Delete