Friday, July 27, 2012

More painting?!

It's amazing to look around the house and see what we've accomplished (with many, many thanks to my dad). We've painted every single room in that house - ceiling, walls, and baseboards. When I say EVERY SINGLE ROOM, I mean it; we did the master bedroom, 2 guestrooms, 2 bathrooms, the kitchen, living, and the family room. Holy cow!

And I must say - I LOVE IT. The colors work so well together! Below you can see the pictures of our master bedroom color.


I'll post more pictures later. For the most part, Mike and I work in the house after work - so 6PM-9PM. That's not the best picture taking light to say the least. Also, in addition to the wall painting, we have painted the cabinets. You've seen pictures of the bases, but now we're working on the cabinet doors.

Below are the pictures of priming and then painting the doors. We used an angle brush to get into the nooks of the doors, and then we used a foam roller for the flat surfaces (just like the cabinets on the wall). On the doors we did the same pattern of sand, degloss, prime, and paint twice. Fun right?!





Aren't the above painted doors so pretty?! They're especially pretty at 9:45PM (when this picture was taken). I wouldn't recommend painting late at night like us because of the shadows that cast; we couldn't get around it because of our crazy schedule.

More pictures to come ...because this weekend is moving time!

No comments:

Post a Comment